In an attempt to re-address uniform within the College the Governing Body has requested that the following changes take place after half term in conjunction with the start of the new timetable.
From 11th June 2012 outdoor clothing should be removed on entering the building. All students must be dressed in full uniform as follows:
- Tie (fastened correctly)
- White shirt that buttons to the neck (tucked in)
- Black trousers Boys / Girls
- Black skirt Girls
- Plain Black footwear with no other colours or logos
Students will be expected to enter and leave classrooms dressed correctly and any non-uniform items worn by students inside the building will be confiscated by a member of staff and a letter will be issued requesting these items to be collected from Reception by parents/carers.
In addition, any non-uniform items that are being worn in place of correct uniform will be “swapped” for correct items from the uniform stock that the College holds. This will be for the duration of that day and again a letter will be issued home explaining the Colleges expectations regarding uniform.
In order to avoid any of the above can I please insist that your child is correctly equipped for College with all the appropriate items. Items of uniform are still available to purchase through the College Reception with limited stock. However uniform can now be ordered online via the College website.
If you have any financial issues which may prevent your child wearing correct uniform then please contact your child’s Head of Hall.
For further details on College uniform, please see the attached Uniform Flow Chart.
Mr C Beckett
Uniform Flow Chart
There is often some misunderstanding about the College uniform with regard to trousers and shirts:
- Trousers for College must be plain black, full length tailored trousers, if the trousers have rivets then they will be classed as jeans. Jeans and leggings are not part of the College uniform.
- Shirts must be white with buttons to the collar.
- Cardigans are also not part of the College uniform. If cardigans are worn in College they will be confiscated and returned at 3pm.
- Black College blazer with embroidered logo
- College tie*
- White shirt – with buttons to the neck – for boys & girls
- Jumpers for all years are plain grey and not black. No cardigans allowed
- Plain black, full length tailored College trousers or black knee length skirt. No leggings or jeans.
- Shoes must be black – no trainers or logos allowed
- Any boots worn must fit under the trousers, to look like shoes
- One small stud per ear lobe, no other ear jewellery allowed
- Facial and muscular piercings, metal “fittings” or jewellery are not allowed in College – a plastic insert for muscular piercings is allowed.
- If your child intends to have piercings, they must be healed and covered so that they are not seen
- One watch and one ring may be worn. No bracelets or necklaces
- No mobile phones or ipods in College
- Sky coloured polo shirt
- Reversible long-sleeved multi-use sports shirt
- Navy blue shorts (mid thigh length, cycling shorts are permitted)
- White ankle socks
- Swimming trunks (boys), one piece swimming costume (girls)
In addition students may find the following items desirable…
- Sweatshirt for outdoor use
- Black, navy or grey knee length socks
- Shin pads
* available to purchase from Reception
In relation to letters previously sent out to parents/carers can we please remind both students and parents/carers that there will be a zero tolerance approach to uniform. In particular training shoes, black pumps and black trainers WILL NOT be accepted as College uniform from September 2011 and correct black shoes suitable for College must be worn.